and Geodetic Survey Ship TULIP operating in post-World War II
length 190 feet, beam 30 feet, draft 13.7 feet. Built in 1904 at Hong
Kong and Whampoa Dock Company. In service 1947-1950 in the Philippine
Islands. This steamer was used during the Philippine reconstruction
period following World War II. It was owned by the newly independent
Philippine Government, operated by a United States Navy crew, but
under the direction of the Philippine Islands Director of the United
States Coast and Geodetic Survey.