Clark: After more than thirty-six years of service
in the Coast and Geodetic Survey, Mr. Henry P. Clark, more familiarly
known as “Clarkie,” retired on 30 June 1954. Mr.
Clark, originally from Chicago, entered our service as Temporary
Dynamo Tender on 4 April 1918, serving under the office of the
Chief Clerk. Later he transferred to the Instrument Division,
and was appointed Chief of the Electrical Branch on 24 December
He is a member of the Izaak Walton League,
member of the “Yellow Dogs.” He is fond of gardening
and fishing and enjoys traveling about his adopted state of
Virginia, particularly between Arlington and Danville, where
he has many friends. He is particularly proud of one son, who
is a musician, prominent in the radio entertainment field, and
who also has made numerous recordings.
Mr. Clark’s long career with the Government
has been characterized by loyalty and earned for him many friends….
“The Buzzard,” June 29, 1954. P. 5.